Focus 2 move reports on overall car sales in 2022 with Toyota Corolla maintaining its top unit sales for the full year. Focus2move ranks the Tesla Model Y fourth for the full year. The Tesla Model Y had the most sales for a single model by revenue in 2022. If the Toyota Corolla, Rav 4 and Ford 150 had relatively equal sales in each quarter then the Tesla Model Y with 257000 sales in Q4 and an annualized 1028,000 likely had the second most unit sales in Q4.
1. Toyota Corolla 1.12 million units sold (-2.2%).
2. Toyota RAV4 869,955 unit sales (-13.8%), the best selling SUV in the World
3. Ford F-Series 786,757 sales (-8.8%)
4. Tesla Model Y with 758,605 cumulative sales in 2022 (+88.3%)
5. Toyota Camry 675,272 sales (-3.0%)
6. Honda CR-V 600,679 sales (-18.1%)
7. Tesla Model 3 595,747 (+4.3%).
8. Chevrolet Silverado 591,758 sales (+1.8%)
9. Toyota Hillux 564,208 (+2.5%)
10. Hyundai Tucson 563,972 (+1.0%)
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.